It’s SWE renewal time! Renew today to receive uninterrupted access to your membership benefits including all member emails, on-line services, newsletters, web seminars, and the award-winning SWE Magazine. You will also be helping the SWE-OC section get our dues rebates on time, enabling us to provide you with more programs and benefits.
The fastest way to renew is to click “Join SWE Today” in the top right corner of this page. You will need your User ID and password to login. If you do not have this information, send an email to email@example.com and someone will assist you.
For more information on your dues, member benefits, and other membership information, please contact out President (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to seeing you in FY23!
Please note that if you do not renew by September 30, 2022, you will be dropped from our section and will have to re-apply for membership.
Benefits of Joining SWE
- Discounts to SWE-OC events
- Networking opportunities
- Reduced fees for admittance to national and regional education conferences that offer networking, professional development, seminars, workshops, and leadership training
- Professional Development opportunities via seminars, workshops, leadership conferences, and volunteer opportunities
- Awards and recognition programs honoring outstanding accomplishments of women in the engineering profession
- Receive the SWE Magazine—the Society’s award winning magazine, covering issues of interest to engineers including the achievements of women engineers, career development, career guidance, activities within the Society, and technical topics
- Webinars and podcasts on a variety of professional development topics
- Online career center where you can manage your resume and search hundreds of jobs posted monthly by SWE’s sponsors
- Develop leadership experience in a nurturing environment through leadership roles at the sectional, regional, and national levels
- SWE-OC’s award winning Professional Development Conference
- Develop social relationships
- Monthly educational and entertaining dinner meetings
Why Join SWE?
The benefits of SWE membership come in many forms—from the empowerment of finding the right mentor to the satisfaction of seeing the look on the face of a 12-year-old girl successfully completing a science project and “getting it” for the first time.
There are many reasons to become a member of SWE. Hear from several SWE-OC members about why they joined.
Kathleen Monk, SWE-OC Past President
“I joined SWE in college to get to know the other female engineers and also to enjoy the free pizza they offered at meetings. Attending SWE conferences was a great way to get me thinking about what type of field I wanted to pursue after college and allowed me to practice my networking skills. I have remained involved with SWE after college because I think it helps me stay grounded. Sometimes work can get stressful and SWE activities remind me of why I chose to go into engineering. It is also extremely beneficial to have a professional network that is outside the workplace. What I enjoy most about SWE-OC are the Outreach activities that allow you to explain and encourage engineering to the younger generation.”
Jeannette Lindemann, SWE-OC Past President
“In college a friend asked me to go with her to a SWE meeting my freshmen year and everyone I met was nice. I liked the outreach activities the section was working on and decided to join. Eleven years later I stay involved in SWE because several of my closest friends are also members and I like the activities the Orange County Section provides to members. There is a huge amount of leadership and networking opportunities at local, regional and national levels and you can be as involved as you want at any level of the organization.”
Charlotte Wagner, P.E., SWE-OC Past President
“I have been a SWE member for over 20 years and have been involved on the local and national levels. I credit SWE for helping me obtain a management position. Although I learned engineering skills from college, SWE helped me develop management, organizational, and leadership skills. I remain a member because of the continued professional development opportunities, as well as the friendships.”
Shannon Pollock, SWE-OC Past President
“I joined in college to meet other women engineers and to network. My involvement with SWE got me my first engineering job. I stayed involved because of my love for the Outreach activities. The Girl Scout Workshop is one of my favorite events. It’s an amazing experience to see young girls getting excited about science and engineering and realize this is something they can do.”
Sonalee Tambat, SWE-OC Past President
“When I started working in 2000 I was the only female engineer in the office and my manager referred me to SWE. I was impressed when I attended a dinner meeting and decided to join. I am glad I made that decision! I found that SWE-OC is one of the more active engineering organizations in the area. I continue to remain actively involved because I truly enjoy participating in various Outreach and Professional Development programs. My favorite being going out to middle and high schools and interacting with young kids while informing them about engineering. SWE also offered me networking opportunities with other women engineers. Thanks to SWE I have gained several leadership and interpersonal skills.”